Cameron Alexander is an artist, programmer, and scientist based in New York. His work explores the relationship between math and nature (especially in fractals, feedback, and non-linear systems), altered and esoteric states of consciousness, and the essence of reality through generative art, livecoded performances, and photography.
Cameron received his B.S. in Computer Science from the University of Houston in 2015. He has been creating generative art since 2011, and his work has been exhibited, installed, and performed in galleries, theaters, clubs, and venues across the U.S.
Cameron is a member of the New York-based collective livecode.nyc, where he organizes shows, gives livecoding workshops, and performs livecoded visuals and music at algoraves.
Live Coding Sessions
The following are pieces created during livecoding practice and performance sessions. Many of them are audio reactive and are best viewed with some dancable music.
The code for them lives in my github repo.
Exhibitions, Performances, and Workshops
- Wonderville, Technopagan Solstice Algorave (Organizer), 2022
- Visaural, Codeca Algorave, 2022
- Visaural, Neon Genesis Kybernetes Algorave, 2022
- Wonderville, Vibration Check, 2022
- Littlefield, Noise Function Algorave, 2022
- H0l0, Warper Party, 2022
- The Cell Theater, Flux Factory x LiveCode NYC - Algoclub Dark Mode: Algorave, 2022
- The Cell Theater, Flux Factory x LiveCode.NYC - Algoclub Light Mode: Intro to Digital Video Synthesis with Hydra, 2022
- The Cell Theater, Pink Flamingo: Clubs in Flux Group Exhibitions, 2022
- Rubulad, Warper Party, 2022
- Hex House, Chaotic Interface Design Lab's Chaos2 Algorave, 2022
- Wonderville, Process is Power Algorave, 2022
- Sunnyvale, March Algorave, 2019
- Sunnyvale, September Algorave, 2018
- Sunnyvale, Code Reigns Over Sunnyvale, 2018
- BLUEorange Contemporary Art Gallery, Visual Arts Alliance 35th Juried Open Exhibition, 2018
- Spring Street Studios, Visual Arts Alliance 34th Juried Open Exhibition, 2017, Honorable Mention